Pont du Gard

Pont du Gard

Thursday, March 18, 2010

8 days & Counting

Eight days until our planned departure, and the uncertainty with BA continues. Both the union and management are making dire threats, other unions have offered support, but at this moment it appears British will fly at least some of the routes. My guess at this moment is BA will get us to London but beyond that may involve some delays. From what I have read, all of the air carriers are full so we may be forced to take the train which has an underwater component (Barbara does not like that idea). We could take the ferry from Dover to Calais, which is above the water, and then more trains to Nice. There is a reason we call this an adventure….. Ms. Barbara has a new lightweight suitcase which by all accounts is too small; I have suggested the use of a steamer trunk, but hauling the trunk up five flights of stairs to our quarters in the old monastery would fall upon my shoulders, and my shoulders would be broken; so not a good way to start this vacation. Our apartment in the old town is over 400 hundred years old, and in the middle of the old town close to fabulous markets, wine shops and not far from the beach. It has a kitchen, washing machine, which begs the question of the need for a steamer trunk, and all the modern conveniences, except an elevator, but then that is part of the European vacation/exercise program.

No comments:

Post a Comment